No 4 – What am I supposed to do with it?
The first thing you need to consider is where you are going to put your Dynamic Illustration. In other words, where are you going to host it?
The three platforms I recommend are;
- Pros – 1 Billion unique views a month!
- Cons – YouTube is there for YouTube, not you. You need to get prospects off YouTube and into your pipeline
- Pros – No video adverts
- Cons – It costs
- Pros – Viewer to lead engine
- Cons – it costs (a lot)
Just remember – You buy the product or your are the product
The one platform I recommend you don’t use is your own website and I can give you 10 reason not to;
- Server Bandwidth – You are likely to have restrictions on your hosted server
- File size limits and storage space – There are sometimes limits on individual files and maybe restrictions on your storage size.
- Slow loading or freezing video – Your server is not optimised for video. This will ruin the user experience.
- No single format – HTML5 does not specify video formats – Video platforms just handle this
- Multiple versions for each device – Quadrupling your edit and storage
- Video Players – Is the one you pick a good one, what’s the support like?
- Cumbersome Code – Unless you love a bit of HTML!
- Varying quality – The plugin you choose to convert your video vary greatly in quality
- Loss of visibility – You are working against popular video platforms instead of using the them to your advantage
- Piracy – Because the video paths are easily exposed in the source code that makes them vulnerable.
Just choose your video platform and upload your Dynamic Illustration and then just embed your video on your site.
Better still, we’ll do it for you for less than a portion of Fish and Chips a month